Monday, June 1, 2015

Maintaining Faith Throughout the Harder Times of Life

Mayim Bialik for Kveller.com

I’ve talked a lot here on Kveller about my religious faith, even in the face of my horrible car accident, and even in the face of doubt and fear. And I think I have realized that it is that sense of faith that helps me get through my moments/hours/days/weeks/months of despair.

Have you heard the fable about the man who complains to the local Rabbi that his house is too crowded? And the Rabbi tells him to add animals to his home one by one? Well, I am sure you can guess that the house gets more and more and more crowded, and the man gets more and more and more distressed, and just when he thinks he can’t handle anything else, the Rabbi tells him to kick all of the animals out. And lo and behold: his house does not seem at all as crowded and chaotic as before.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   

No comments:

Post a Comment