Monday, October 19, 2015

My Laidback Approach to Allergies Almost Killed My Daughter

Adar Novak for Kveller

I can be pretty persuasive. Especially when it comes to my daughters’ food allergies.

I convinced myself it was alright to give my younger daughter a drop of peanut butter because, I told my husband, laughing, “We have Benadryl in the house!”

I convinced myself that my older daughter wasn’t, in fact, having her first allergy attack in a Thai restaurant.

“Your lips aren’t swollen, sweetie,” I said, annoyed. “They’re just chapped.”

I even persuaded myself that my children’s food allergies would define them if I didn’t take a laid-back approach. That I would telegraph my anxiety to them, and they would become social outcasts.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment