Monday, September 16, 2013

What will you do differently this year?

Kveller asked its readers this very question.  Here's what they had to say.  What about you?

AdinaI’ve been thinking about this for weeks. I almost decided I couldn’t write a resolution for this Rosh Hashanah because there are too many things I want to do differently, too much I want to change. I wasn’t sure how to write something short and sweet and meaningful when what I need is a gansa megillah to explain all the ways in which I hope 5774 is so, so different from my 5773.

Then this picture was taken on a family vacation last week, and I decided to let it dictate my resolution and remind me of what matters: more laughing, more love, more wine.


AlexisI’ve got big plans for 5774: read a book, go to yoga, see a movie with my husband, give more money to tzedakah, and WEAN my little girl. Also, maybe get pregnant.




TzipporaThis year I’ve decided to like myself. I just turned 33 and it occurred to me that I have spent most of those 33 years trying to become something, change something, aspire to something, and it has left me with a constant feeling of never being happy with who I am. So this year I’ve decided to find the things I *do* like about myself and to honor them. To find a way to be in the moment with myself.

Read more from Kveller

No comments:

Post a Comment