Monday, September 21, 2015

Battling My Son’s Major Back-to-School Anxiety

Samantha Taylor for Kveller    

Last year, when we moved my 10-year-old out of public school and into a private school that would help him with his learning issues, social skills, and anxiety, we knew it was the right move for him.

This year, he started school with no hesitation. He was happy to return to his routine and start fifth grade. The second week of school he got into my car clutching a “Code of Conduct” book they had given the students that day. As we pulled out of the parking lot, his voice started to quiver.

“We talked about this book today,” he said. “If I’m late to school three times or have more than 10 unexcused absences, I could have detention or Saturday school.”

Continue reading.


 The High Holidays are upon us, check out our High Holidays Spotlight Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment