Monday, April 6, 2015

Husband’s Dysfunctional Family

My husband’s a gem, his family is not. We’re expecting our first baby and they want to be in our lives more often.


by Emuna Braverman for aish.com

Dear Emuna,

My husband is a walking miracle. He is kind and thoughtful, a man with principles who is very serious about his commitments. I feel very blessed to have found him. The reason he is a miracle is because the rest of his family is so unlike him. His parents and siblings do not possess those character strengths and all very unhealthy emotionally. We get together for family celebrations but in general we don’t spend a lot of time with them. Now I am expecting my first child and I know they are all going to want to be in our lives more often. I really don’t want that and I especially don’t want them around the baby. What should I do?

New Mom to Be

New Mom in Waiting,

All parents and especially new moms are very protective of their children, especially the first. I know many women who wouldn’t even let their own mothers hold their first child that now thrust the second or third into her arms as soon as she walks in the door! Reality – and practicality – have taken over.

Continue reading.

Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment